DD-WRT IPv6 configuration
Every now and the we hear the doomsday is near and the last IPv4 address has been assigned. But sometimes I have to wonder why the ISPs are not providing more information on how configure the router with IPv6. It took me quite a while to figure out why my configuration did not work. This tutorial is for DD-WRT with at the time of the this writing latest and greatest release DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/11/14) giga.
- DD-WRT router with IPv6 stack
- ISP with DHCP6 and providing a block of addresses
- Open a web browser and open the configuration page of your DD-WRT router.
- Navigate to [Setup] -> [IPv6]
- Set IPv6 to Enable
- Select [DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation] under IPv6 Type
- Press [Apply Settings]
- Navigate to [Administration] -> [Commands]
- In the Commands box enter ->
ip6tables -I INPUT 2 -m udp -p udp --dport 546 -j ACCEPT;
- Click on [Save Firewall]
- Navigate to [Administration] -> [Management]
- Scroll to the very bottom and click [Reboot Router]
After the reboot navigate to [Administration] -> [Commands]. In the Commands box type:
ifconfig br0; ifconfig vlan2;
There should be 2 different IPv6 prefixes listed. Note: depending on the router the interface names might be different.